Salesforce Associate Consultant na Vera Solutions (SP)
Focus: System design, data systems, development-sector consulting, impact measurement, cloud and mobile technology, Force.com platform
Supervisor: Lead Consultant
Location: São Paulo
Start Date: Early June 2019 as part of our 2019-20 Fellowship cohort
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 275 organizations in over 55 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze, and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with 55 full-time staff based in Amsterdam, Boston, Cape Town, Geneva, London, Mumbai, São Paulo, and Washington DC. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, and Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
As a Fellow, you’ll work with a diverse global team dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that transform the ability of social sector organizations to collect, manage, and use their data.
You’ll be a key member of our consulting teams, designing, configuring, and implementing customized systems that speak to the unique needs of Vera’s clients. Fellows play key roles across all aspects of the project cycle – from determining the needs of the client and translating those needs into technical specifications, building customized data systems, integrating products, testing systems, and training users.
Fellows join as part of a cohort, which allows you a support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Along with all new Fellows, you will attend a weeklong training program in early June that will mix intensive sessions on the project lifecycle and Force.com platform, with team-building and professional skills development activities. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients. All consultants on our team may travel to the field on short-term assignments to gather client requirements or conduct trainings on newly implemented systems.
As a consultant with Vera, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce, the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide. You will gain first-hand experience implementing program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors, while working in a global marketplace.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Design, build, and implement cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing the latest research, writing blog posts, and contributing to knowledge management initiatives
- Interact directly with clients, conducting trainings and other meetings; develop client relationships and source new projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 1-3 years professional experience, especially in consulting, international development, or technology
- Project management experience
- Experience working with (cloud) relational databases – Salesforce strongly preferred
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional work ethic – eager to hit the ground running and contribute to the team’s success
- Strong aptitude for technology and data
- Excellent English and Portuguese written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated interest in the social sector
- Collaborative spirit – excited to work on diverse teams
- Availability and enthusiasm for some international travel
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers compensation commensurate with experience and cost of living. Fellows have access to all company benefits.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here.
Applications are rolling, but the deadline for submission is April 15, 2019.