March 2019 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary
TLDR; Another month of lots of content with tools, blog posts, patreon and links
If you want to keep up to date on a more regular basis you can follow me on -
And I have newsletter you can sign up for.
Tools & Code
I wrote a couple of Chrome Extensions, and updated my testing practice apps.
- Testing Apps I updated my testing apps so that the REST API and the GUI app have better multi user support.
- Rest Listicator is on Heroku a practice test REST API
- The Pulper is on Heroku The Pulper practice GUI testing app is on Heroku
I’ve been updating my sites and migrated more content over to EvilTester.com
- Migrated my Conference Page Archive
I also updated my services pages to describe in easier format what I do. If you want any consultancy help with testing or development then these pages might help.
- Remote Code Reviews If you want to improve your Test Automation but don’t want onsite consultancy then I can review your code remotely and offer feedback and mentoring.
- Test Automation Improvements - Quick Starts, Next Level, Proof of Concepts
- Bespoke Consultancy
- Agile Coaching
Did you know I have a free guide on “What is Agile Software Testing?”
All my YouTube videos are embedded within blog posts, so I haven’t listed the videos separately.
- How to View URL Query Parameters using Browser Dev Tools
- February 2019 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary
- Are there any programming Katas related to testing?
- What is Software Testing And Why Do We Test Software?
- Which is the best link checking tool?
- Chrome functionality or extensions for responsive web testing?
- Review of Emmet Re-view Chrome extension
- Episode 009 - The Why? Special - The Evil Tester Show
The Evil Tester Show had 2 new episodes released
- What is Software Testing? a discussion of definitions and trying to keep things simple.
- The Why Special how and when to ask questions that get relevant answers, rather than asking “Why?” all the time
Things that caught my eye
I usually post things that catch my eye on Twitter
- Machine Learning - Learning Path a curated ordered list of machine learning resources
- Every Google account has access to a 5 gig cloud VM
- Random Data when Automating
- The Architecture of Open Source Apps Books are available online
- Free hosting options for personal apps and projects not just Heroku
- Smells to refactoring cheat sheet
- Zero to hero security testing course ongoing security testing course with live videos
- Building fast interpreters in Rust
- An overview of K6 performance testing tool
I mentioned a few other things on Twitter but if you scroll through my timeline for February then I’m sure you’ll find them
Some of this is overlap with the blog and YouTube. When I release a YouTube video I also provide it ad-free to Patreons and create a blog post for it. And I discuss my blog posts in more detail with extra thoughts over on Patreon. I also create unique content on Patreon, so there is usual more released on my Patreon site than publicly.
Patreon Posts For March 2019
- BDD, GDA and GAL
- Are we constantly re-inventing the testing we perform?
- New $5 benefit coming soon
- Abstractions Scale When Libraries Fail
- All Models are Useful - revisited
- Newly arrived - Experiencing The Impossible
- New Podcast - The Why? Special
- I, We, You They - the language of influence illustrated in bad and good speeches
- Book Bundle on attitude, courage to speak, negotiation
- Software Testing Checklists?
- Alfred Adler’s Early Recollection technique and courage to speak up
- How to develop a a ‘say what needs to be said’ attitude
- Another Affordable Screen Recording Tool
- Perceptual Positions
- Pulper Test App On Heroku
- Do you really need to write that tool?
- Using Chrome for responsive web testing
- Review of Emmit Re:View Chrome Extension
- That’s not right - reactions to other code and approaches
- Personal Resources - Brief Therapy
- Is Automation the most contentious topic in testing?
- What are you changing? What are you working on?
- Study hard in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.
- What is Software Testing, a Simple Explanation
- What is a context free definition of software testing?
- Releasing a Chrome Extension to the Store
- Automating Manual Script Generation
- Code Katas for testing
- Which link checkers do you use?
- February 2019 Content Extracts
- Do what only you can do
I release a PDF which has the full text of all my blog posts and patreon posts as a Patreon benefit to make it easier for Patreon supporters to catchup in batch mode.